Ezynq project is started to create a bootloader for systems based on the Xilinx Zynq SoC without the inconvenience of the non-free tools and/or files. The goal is not just to "free" the code, but to provide users with the higher degree of flexibility in fine-tuning of the configuration parameters.
"Free" the code part
as of 2014/02/23...
Ezynq addresses the potential legal problems with distribution of a product/software based on Zynq platform:
- FSBL is under Xilinx's copyright
- The current (2014/02/23) official SPL implementation in the u-boot-xlnx master-next 54fee227ef141214141a226efd17ae0516deaf32 branch is FSBL-less but it requires to use the files (ps7_init.c/h) that come under Xilinx's copyright which makes u-boot noncompliant with its GPL license.
as of 2016/01/13...
- For a new board you still have to run an extra Xilinx program to generate ps7_init.c/h.
as of 2016/03/18...
- u-boot-xlnx master-next branch is removed long ago - so the link above is broken
- boot.bin (SPL) - loads u-boot.img, no FSBL needed.
- u-boot-dtb.img (u-boot image)
Boot: Copy them to SD card in order to boot from it.
For instructions please follow this guide.