The following page describes the Eyesis4Pi camera software and post-processing procedures.
Elphel-Eyesis4Pi GUI (recording)
- elphel-eyesis-gui - camera GUI
- Each frame in a *.mov file is a combination of frames from 3 sensors glued vertically - triplet.
- The modules are numbered - 1..8 - having individual ip address:
- 192.168.0.221 - master camera, sends sync signals to others.
- The frames in *.movs are indexed.
- A single image format is JP4 (a raw format with a higher quality and frame rate than *.jpeg).
- Corresponding frames have the same time stamps generated by the master camera.
- The master camera frames are geotagged.
- The IMU log is stored on 1 of the 2 Compact Flash cards (non-removable) attached to the master camera.
Post Processing Software
Elphel Eyesis4Pi SDK software (pre-installed), for post-processing:
sudo apt-get install apache2 php5 ufraw dcraw libjpeg-progs imagemagick hugin
- Apache web server + php
- Movie2DNG - extracting JP4 (JP4 is the Elphel raw image format) images from *.MOVs.
- ImageJ (by 3rd party) - ImageJ with Elphel plugins (image quality enhancement, aberration correction, color balance, stitching) for processing JP4s to create TIFF/JPEG output;
- ImageMagick # (by 3rd party), also with a PHP scrip by Elphel is used for converting/modifying panorama JPEGs - scaling for WebGL panorama viewer/editor;
- other pre-installed PHP scripts:
- exif2kml.php - extract the GPS data from images and put it all to a KML file of the route.
- create_links_xml_file.php - read the KML file and create file with records-links of the route points. It is used in Elphel WebGL Viewer
In a terminal window type & enter commands ("command not found" == not installed):
movie2dng convert nona enblend cjpeg --help dcraw
Post processing workflow
- Copy all the *.mov files to certain locations (folders must have the r/w rights enabled for everyone):
Currently: hdd1: /data/disk-1/<footage_name>/ ... hdd8: /data/disk-8/<footage_name>/
All the php scripts are launched from a single page:
- http://127.0.0.1/scripts/split_mov.php?dir=<footage_name> - (usage TBA) - it applies Movie2DNG to all the footage files. The output is JP4 files.
- http://127.0.0.1/scripts/exif2kml.php?dir=<footage_name> - it extracts the GPS data from images and puts it all to a KML file of the route. The output is a KML file.
- Launch ImageJ and process the files. The output are enhanced, stitched JPEGs (optionally TIFFs).
- http://127.0.0.1/scripts/convert_images_for_webgl.php?dir=<results_dir> - rescale results using ImageMagick.