The Elphel cameras are highly customizable Network cameras.
To ensure the freedom of our customers and the sustainable development of the Elphel project all our developments are covered by the GNU/GPL v3 License.
Turnkey and OEM models exist. Both are totally customizable for the customer's task.
- High resolution sensors support (like the Kodak 16Mpix CCD or Aptina 5Mpix CMOS)
- High speed compression: up to 80 MPix/s
- Many formats for recording video: Quicktime, OGM, JPEG Image Sequence, JP4 RAW Image Sequence, Ogg Theora, HDR
- Many available data interfaces: Compact Flash Card, SATA (HDD or Raid), Ethernet 100Mbit, USB, RS-232;
- User friendly and open scripting on the camera: PHP (API, examples), CGI, C, C++, etc.
- Firmware sources and binaries for main CPU and FPGA are available on SF.net The SDK and full hardware documentation are also freely available. (353)
- 48V DC with midspan power supply/injector
- or optionally a 12-36V with power injector (non IEEE802.3af compliant)
- or single 3.3V source
- Typical power consumption between 2.4W - 5.8W depending on operation and load
- Hardware synchronized recording of multiple images (multiple sensors, multiple cameras, external trigger)
- Connecting infinite sensors is possible (one 10359 board per three sensor)
- Standard GNU/Linux distribution offers the possibility to port existing software and kernel drivers to provide support for more external devices (USB gadgets, converters, ...)
- GPS and digital compass integration
- RFID integration
- Focus helper (software to assist in adjusting fine focus)
- Data insertion into EXIF header (GPS, compass, INS, other telemetry, ..)
- On the fly adjustment of recording parameters without loss of recording speed.
- Robust and reliable firmware upgrade (reflashing) over the network.
- Remote/local digital temperature sensor
- On-board clock/calendar
- Fan connector
- AUX connector
- scientific imagery and video applications
- medical imagery
- time-lapse filming (Including HDR support)
- geotagging applications
- aerial imagery and video applications
- digital cinematography
- HD video
- video surveillance
- smart access control
- document scanning
- street imagery
- 3D reconstruction (example)
- 2D/3D laser scanning
- barcode reading
- sport (Photo-finish)
- machine vision
- PCB inspection
- Parts inspection & validation
- education (Verilog, Image processing, Networking, Circuit design, Mechanical design)
- video conferencing