The Elphel cameras are highly customizable Network cameras.
Turnkey and OEM models exist, both are totally customizable for the customer's task.
- High resolution sensors support
- High speed compression: 80 MPix/s
- There is many modes of shooting: JPEG, MJPEG, JP4, Motion JP4, HDR modes
- There is many interfaces: Compact Flash, Ethernet 10/100, USB, RS-232;
- User friendly scripting on the camera (PHP5, well defined and Open API)
- Totally FreeSoftware: all firmware sources both for GNU/Linux and FPGA are distributed under GNU/GPL v3 license. The SDK is composed of FOSS components (not include ISE Webpack for FPGA development, but this software is freely downloadable)
- Full hardware documentation is also available under GNU/FDL v1.2 license.
- POE 802.3af
- or optionally a 9-36v POE (not 802.3af complaint)
- synchronized shooting (multiple sensors, multiple cameras, external trigger)
- Standard GNU/Linux distribution offer the possibility to port existing software and kernel drivers for support more external devices (USB gadgets, converters, ...)
- GPS and compass integration
- RFID intergation
- Focus helper
- scientific imagery and video applications
- medical imagery
- timelapse videos (Including HDR support)
- geotagging applications
- high speed video
- Observation of wildlife
- Aerial imagery and video applications