The plugin uses "~/.mozilla/genres/genres.conf" or "/etc/genres.conf" as main config file. Options for mplayer, mencoder and ElphelOgm are stored in the config file "~/.mozilla/genres/mplayer.conf", which is used by mplayer.pl control script. The files can contain shell-like comments.
options in genres.conf
- - use or not mozilla streams (and cache) for http, https and ftp;
- - enable or disable the debug output.
options in mplayer.conf
- - template for filename;
- - template for filename for tags with parameter save=auto;
- - Video output driver (see man mplayer about -vo option);
- - Audio output driver (see man mplayer about -ao option);
- - not show file save dialog for tags with save=auto parameter;
- - Frames per file limit for recording (output will be splitted).
Static tag parameters
- decimation for accelerated DCT (0-3);
- width of the object window;
- number of iterations of the playback (0 or nothing is infinite);
- frame frequency;
- skip n frames after one saved;
- the rotation angle of the image clockwise in degrees (0|90|180|240)
- mirror-symmetry mapping relative to vertical axis (true|false)
- the same relative to horizontal (true|false); simultaneous setting of flip and mirror is equivalent to rotate=180
- url of the file or stream;
- as yet simply another name for href.
- pause=1 or play=0
- to pause player;
- pause=0 or play=1
- to continue playback;
- go to time or percent specifed, maybe not works if mplayer is not support seeking for the current file;
- show next frame and pause (for step-by-step view);
- to start player again if it was terminated (by error or end of file);
- to terminate player;
- to run mencoder or ElphelOgm as recorder instead of mplayer;
- to always ask the file name for recording;
- not to ask if user sets it in dialog
This the output from mplayer or mencoder. Now strings simply are split into two parts on the first of the symbols '=' or ':'. The left part becomes a name of the variable (gaps and nonlatin letters are removed) and the right part is a value.
- the message from mplayer/mencoder about the last frame;
- last error message;
- fatal error message from mplayer;
Other variables are possible but they are not used as yet.
- special variable, the state of player process: 0 - not running, 1 - running;
- pause, play
- it is analogous - the pause state.
- will be called on starting and stopping of playing or recording processes;
- on error message;
- on each frame playing.
- onmousedown and other standard callbacks
- are given already by the browser and do not need extra code inside the plugin.
- mplayer (compiled with live555)
- mencoder from mplayer package
- ElphelOgm - for receiving pure multicast or unicast rtp with mjpeg video.
- display from the packet ImageMagick - to demonstrate static images.
For ElphelOgm to be used, the mime-type must be application/x-elphel-ogm or begin with video/m and the URL must be specifed as: rtp://ip:port/ , where:
- ip -
- the stream multicast ip
- port -
- the stream multicast port
For a unicast the destination i.e. client ip:port must be specifed
and a stream server must be programmed to continuously send the stream to this address and port.
Dynamic changing of the URL is not yet supported for RTP. Instead use the sequence:
obj.run=0; obj.src=...; obj.run=1;
Run the script mplayer.pl from a command line. It is located in /usr/lib/genres. If all necessary perl modules are installed, it must print several strings in the form: "variable=value" and wait input. If you see message "Can't locate Gtk2.pm in @INC" this mean that need to install this module from your distro or from CPAN. Other links: gtk2-perl home page, gtk2-perl on CPAN, gtk2-perl on freshmeat.
Enter parameters as they presented in the html tag, but by one in line and add run=1 at the end. For example:
type=video/mjpeg url=rtp://188.8.131.52:20000/ run=1
If MPlayer is running then this part works, try to see example html page in the browser (mozilla or firefox). If you don't see video in the browser, but instead see a gray rectangle, maybe the page has wrong url.
See the list of installed plugins with url: about:plugins and if there is no GenReS, maybe genres.so is in a wrong place.
The plugin produce debug output. Start mozilla or firefox with redirection to a file:
mozilla -debug >& moz.log
For firefox -debug is not need. Gzip and send this file to me to research.
--Sergey Khlutchin 01:55, 8 February 2006 (CST)