HDR images with Elphel cameras
The purpose of this project is to get HDR images using an Elphel camera. The project development is supported by Waveng.com.
For informations about HDR imaging see: Wikipedia.org
In order to get a HDR image, the camera executes the following steps:
1. acquisition of n LDR (Low Dynamic Range) images with different exposure time;
2. computation of the n acquired images;
3. generation of the HDR image.
The features of the camera needed to execute this cycle are:
1. exposure time must vary during the acquisition process;
2. a memory to temporary save the acquired images;
3. a quite powerful CPU for image computation.
The Elphel camera satisfies all these requirements.