As user I noticed some things I wanted to have on my camera, I hope anyone that has ideas can add them here. What features are you waiting for? What software components are still missing that you cannot live without?
If a project has been completed just add the developer that did it, or is busy on it.
- Dead/Hot pixel correction
- Fixed pattern noise (FPN) correction
- Flash mode for rolling shutter
- Lens distortion hardware correction
- Make image thumbnails (binning 8x8 from DCT[0,0] data)
- DHCP (timeouted) and DNS-SD
- GigaBit ethernet
- Zeroconf (Rendezvous)
- CF Ethernet card support [CF 10/100 Ethernet cards list]
- CF WiFi card support [WCF54G]
- CF USB card support [SolarExpress] [CFU2]
- Enable UDMA in the Axis kernel. Needed to support most fast CF cards, will also boost speed on SATA.
- Higher image quality debayer algorithmn FPGA implementation -> VNG
What will the next elphel camera most likely entitled Elphel 373 be like?
- Vignetting hardware correction
- initial focus/pan/tilt sensor adjustment
- group VLDS pairs in flexible cable from sensor to board
- CCD sensors
- designed for DSLRs (possibly the sensor used in Nikon D300 / D90)
- 12.4 MPix
- 5.5 µm pixel
- 0.18 µm technology
- 28mm x 22.2 mm APS-C sized 1.8" image area (28.4 mm diagonal)
- 12 bit column ADC
- 10.4 fps in 12.4 MPix mode
- on-chip noise reduction
- parallel A/D for every pixel coloumn
- USB2.0 Support
External data sensors support
- DONE GPS
- DONE Compass
- Dry contact (simply switch event)
- DONE RFID
- Environment sensors: Temperature/Humidity/Pressure/Illuminance/Loudness/..
- Futaba servo captute interface (for robots)