Sd boot rootfs
- The micro SD card/adapter has to be modified or the USB cable with appropriate host computer driver is needed to boot from the uSD card - see Tmp_manual#Boot for instructions.
- EXT4 partition mounted as /.
Prepare the card
- After all of the targets are built in poky use files from .../poky/build/tmp/deploy/images/elphel393/mmc/:
- Partition table: msdos (gpt won't work) Format into 2 partitions: FAT32 and EXT4 (use gparted or command line instructions below), the order of partitions is important or change bootargs in the device tree accordingly.
- FAT32: copy the following files:
- If EXT4 is not empty - format it or delete old contents
- Mount EXT4 to some <mountpoint>
- unpack the rootfs.tar.gz, console:
tar -C <mountpoint> -xzpf rootfs.tar.gz
- Insert, power on
Format micro SD card (command line, can be done in the booted from camera's NAND flash)
Example for /dev/sdX:
- create partitions with fdisk , gparted or any other program:
- the 1st partition is to be formatted to FAT32 - 1GB is more than enough
- the 2nd partition is to be formatted to EXT4 - 2+GB
formatting with mkfs:
- mkfs.vfat -F 32 /dev/sdX1
- mkfs.ext4 /dev/sdX2